It is the GBAA's goal to serve its members and make your membership very valuable. To give you a sense of what is in the works, please take a look at what each committee is currently addressing (updated 10/29/2012):
Members: Dave Small (Chair), Jeff Agur, Chris Algee, Scott Carter, Gerry Ferriss, Jim Gardner, Jim Kazin, Kris Parsons, Kevin Rodgers, Eddie Wolfe
-Looking forward to the 2013 Members Meeting & Golf Tournament.
Members: Kevin Rodgers (Chair), Jeff Agur, Chris Algee, Charlie Booker, Jim Kazin
- Recruiting new GBAA members.
Members: Gerry Ferriss(Chair), Scott Carter, Jim Kazin, Dan Lucey, Dave Small
- Welcomed Dan Lucey with Flightworks to the GBAA Board in 2012.
Scholarship Committee- Currently selecting 2013 Scholarship Winners!
Members: Kris Parsons(Chair), Charlie Booker, Gerry Ferriss, Jim Kazin, David Small, Pat Trudell, Eddie Wolfe
Community Outreach Committee
Members: Gerry Ferriss(Chair), Chris Algee, Charlie Booker, Scott Carter, Jim Gardner, Dan Lucey
-A selected group of members representing based tenants at several satellite airports within the Atlanta Class B Airspace have been involved with the Design & Implementation group working on the Optimization of Airspace and Procedures in the Atlanta Metroplex with Atlanta A-80. As you may know, the OAPM initiative seeks to address traffic flow through PBN (Performance Based Navigation), procedures and route optimization that will enable predictable, repeatable flight paths, improved situational awareness, reduce ATC task complexity and increase efficiency.
The group followed the major topics outlined below:
1. Collaboratively identify and characterize existing issues for all users
2. Propose conceptual PBN procedures which increase efficiency and address issues
3. Identification of considerations, risks and benefits associated with proposed changes
4. Quantify the potential annual benefits by comparing distance, flight time, fuel burn and emissions between current flow and proposed procedures.
Contact GBAA@att.net for more on the OAPM briefing.
You can track the progress of each of the committees and projects by attending any Board meeting or by contacting GBAA@att.net to view the Monthly Board Meeting Minutes.